If you are still using your computer hard drive, or a flash drive, or your external hard drive as your primary storage, then you need to level up. It’s 2021 and you all (probably) have superior internet connectivity than 10 years ago. So here are some of the best cloud storage services in 2021.
- Dropbox – It’s the most reliable and feature rich cloud storage service out there. But there’s a catch, the free storage is limited to just 2 GB. However, you can get some free bonus storage by completing some simple tasks.
- Microsoft OneDrive – If you are using a Windows PC and needs A LOT of storage then OneDrive is the best option for you. The basic plan gives you a free storage of 5 GB only, but you can opt for a paid plan to upgrade the storage to 100 GB. And if you buy Microsoft 365, then your OneDrive storage will be upgraded from 5 GB to 6 TB (1 TB x 6 users). Also, as a benefit of your Microsoft 365 Family or Microsoft 365 Personal subscription, you can create a personalized email address that’s associated with your Outlook.com mailbox. For example, [email protected]
- Google Drive – If you are using A LOT of Google products and services and owns an Android phone then Google Drive is the best option for you. The basic plan gives you 15 GB of free storage and if you buy Google One then your Google Drive storage will be upgraded to 100 GB.
- iCloud Drive – If you are using a Mac and/or iPhone then iCloud Drive is the one for you. The basic plan gives you 5 GB of free storage and the upgrades starts at around $12 per year for 50 GB storage.
- Amazon Drive – Only if you are Amazon lover – the basic plan gets you 5 GB of free storage for your photos and videos. And Amazon Prime members get unlimited photo storage plus 5 GB video storage.
- Box – Only if you do not like Dropbox and the Big Four. The free plan gives you 10 GB storage – but with 250 MB file upload limit. And the paid plans are expensive as it starts at around $10 per month for 100 GB storage.
Your friendly neighborhood blogger,